Every year, after traveling more than 5,000 kilometers from Canada to Mexico, the weary Monarchs descend upon the same Oyamel Woods located in the highest part of the Michoacán Mountains. This remote portion of Mexico has become a sanctuary for the majestic Monarch which hibernates here before traveling north to the United States and Canada. No other place in the world hosts these amazing and wonderful creatures. Immerse yourself in this captivating and interactive adventure where guests experience the transformative power of millions of Monarch Butterflies as they flutter among this lush and blooming sanctuary, landing just long enough to capture the perfect photograph.
• Tour operates with 10 passengers minimum
• Tour includes strenuous hiking at 8,000 feet altitude
• Horseback riding is not required, but recommended
• Not recommended to those with walking difficulties
• Cold mountain temperatures – dress appropriately